-
November 3rd, 2005, 11:15 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Let me tell you a little about myself. I am in my 30's and have one DS. We don't plan on having any more children. I somehow got on the mailing list for AG, not sure how that happened. I did buy my sister s Josefina doll, but that was 7-8 yrs ago and probably 10 addresses ago. I looked through the catalog and decided my 2 year old niece needs(lol) a bitty baby. But now after reading some posts and looking at pictures I THINK I want to buy a doll for myself. I am drawn to Marisol, probably because she looks like Josefina. Anyway here are my questions. If I buy her and decide I am not a doll collector I know I can sell her on ebay, but will I break even(or even lose a little is ok)? Also, would it be better to buy Marisol's world if there is a chance I will be reselling her? I am not buying her with the intent of reselling, but am not sure I want to start down this very expensive path. Should I just wait a few days and see how I feel? Or should I just go ahead and buy her/or her world since right now there is a code and she will start to get limited soon? Help ladies. Thanks
-
November 3rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Since Marisol is a Limited edition doll if you decide you dont want her you could definatly sell her on ebay and would most likely sell her for MORE than you paid for her. She is scheduled to be retired soon (dec. 20) but will most likely sell out before Thanksgiving. So if you are thinking of getting her you might want to jump on it [img]wink.gif[/img]
BTW I just bought Marisols whole world this week too and cant wait! I know that if by chance she doesnt fit in here then I can sell her.
-
November 3rd, 2005, 11:24 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Welcome!
You should definatly buy Marisol. If you don't you will regret it later.
-
November 3rd, 2005, 11:26 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Thanks. Y'all helped convince me. Carpe diem, right? Ok so I've read on some threads about a PS. Can you still use the code if you use a PS?
-
November 3rd, 2005, 11:35 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I would get Marisol.. there is a good chance she could be gone in a few weeks.. if you do decide to sell her at a later time, you will get way more than you paid for her! " the other two retired today dolls go for $200 or over!!!"
Let us know what you decide! [img]smile.gif[/img] Marisol is beautiful!
-
November 3rd, 2005, 11:49 PM
#6
HB Forum Owner
Go ahead and buy Marisol.She is beautiful and you are not going to regret it.You can always sell her later on.You cannot use a code with a Ps though.If you do order from a PS Maria at AGPNY is great!
-
November 3rd, 2005, 11:49 PM
#7
Inactive Member
No, unfortunately I don't think you can use codes when ordering through a PS. [img]frown.gif[/img]
-
November 4th, 2005, 12:07 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Welcome to the board! Marisol is a beatifull doll, well worth it [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
November 4th, 2005, 12:14 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I would go for Marisol, esp. since you might sell her for twice what you paid or more, forget break even.
If you can swing it, get her whole world. It's an awesome collection. I love my Marisol and just purchased one for my baby sister for Christmas.
-
November 4th, 2005, 01:03 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Well I did it. I got Marisol's whole world and of course the bitty baby for my niece for Christmas. I think I will be stalking my UPS man for the next week or so unitl I get her.Thanks for everyone's quick responses.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks